* We have a high of 19°C with little cloud and clear sky. A light to gentle wind ( 3 m/s ) is going to blow south. Humidity around 55% again.
* As of 7 a.m. KST the air quality ( PM-10 ) is GOOD to NORMAL in Jeju City. It is GOOD in Seongsan and Seogwipo.
* Sunrise was at 6:42 a.m. and sunset will be at 5:56 p.m.
* The guided walk is on Route 19 with Hyeon Seung-cheol leading at least 14 pre-registered walkers.
* Today’s Olle Image: A screen capture from “Why We Walk Jeju Olle Trails”. This video won a prize in an Olle contest. By Son Min-seong.
For those who love trails and the outdoors, the Autumn / Spring 2017 Edition of Trails of the World, the World Trails Network Magazine, is up on the Web. This is the third edition and we think you will all enjoy the poignant articles the authors from around the planet have contributed. Lots of info about great trails around the world! Please share with your friends and colleagues.
This is a special announcement posting about Route 4 for anyone searching or planning on walking Jeju Olle Trail.
From August 1 2017, Route 4 has decreased in size. It was 23.6 KM, but now it is 19 KM.
This change will not be in any English guidebook or noted in the English language elsewhere at the time of writing.
In the image below the Route 4 start point is in the circle on the right hand side at Pyoseon. The route end point is in the bottom left side at Namwon. The red square shows the general area of the change.
Overall this should make Route 4 a better walking experience. This was our longest route on the whole of the trail.
We have one guided walk along the trail for Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
Kim Eun-ju will guide 13 registered walkers on Route 10.
May 2017 Guided Walk Schedule and Registration Information
Lee Gyeong-ja guided walkers on Route 9.
Jin Jeong-yeon guided walkers on Route 15-B.
Please check the detailed English forecast and set your region to Jeju-si or Seogwipo-si. You can use the arrows to check further in time http://web.kma.go.kr/eng/index.jsp
Air pollution conditions are MODERATE TO GOOD (full chart)
No Update Today.